We can now count on our fingers how many days are left ’til Valentines. This day is full of controversies as it keeps disappearing from the calendar of single men and women. On the other hand, it is when the ladies in a relationship gets very excited as to what gift they will receive from their boyfriends. Thus, giving so much pressure on us. Haha! Still struggling thinking? I’ll show you some romantic Valentine gift ideas for girlfriend and boyfriend.
We, boyfriends, should take this day seriously as it is as important with our ladies’ birthday, anniversary and any other special event. With this, it’s advisable to set aside a budget because the prices of bouquets and chocolates doubles during this week. If you’re thinking of giving more than just the standard flowers, balloons and sweets, here are some gift ideas you can also give not only on Valentines day but also on your anniversary, monthsary and other marked dates on your calendar. For the ladies, you can also select some items listed below suitable for your man.
TIP: Always insert a love note together with your gift. 🙂
Gifts for Her
1. Ring. So you forgot you don’t still have a couple ring? Or you just want to add an adorable ring to your girlfriend’s fingers that she’ll adore. Order one for her now. Last year, I gave her a rose gold ring from Pandora.
2. Fancy Bouquet. It’s not so often that we give bouquet of flowers isn’t it? This valentines, give her something unique. A bouquet of sunflowers? Or lilies, maybe? She’ll love it specially when you send it personally on her office.
3. Bag. Girls love bags. From handbags, shoulder bags and even hand bags, just ask for a hint and buy one for her. It doesn’t have to be expensive. There are numerous online store offering bags at an affordable price. Insert a sweet note inside.
4. Card. Creative person or not, bring out the artist inside you. This is one of the sweetest yet cheapest gift idea around. I did this a couple of times and she always liked it, right babe? There are many patterns around the net. You can customize all you want. Paste your pictures, make captions, make doodles…
5. Travel. If you’re both free on this couple’s day, here’s a fitting thing to do. On valentines day, or the weekend after, book into one of the romantic places out there. It can be in Tagaytay, a resort and spa in Batangas, or just a local place near you. Traveling can squeeze out the stress build up. Plus, keep those cameras clicking so you can print your pictures later and turn it to be a creative gift as mentioned in the previous item.
Gifts for Girlfriend continued…
6. Huge Bear. Long distance relationship? Or just want to make your loved one feel secured and comfy? A huge / life-sized bear is the answer. Big bears for grown ups…they’ll love it.
7. Fairy Lights. Girls love taking selfies and I’m sure that applies to many. Fairy lights will make their selfies more fabulous. Haha. You can also think of other related items as well.
Photo credit: https://web.facebook.com/markbryantiangcolclassic/
8. Lunch or Dinner Date. This one is a unisex gift, ’cause who does not like to eat? May it be on a candle lit restaurant or a rustic themed pastry, eat with your loved one in a place you both enjoy, or ones you have not visited yet.
Photo credit: www.stainart.com
9. Personalized Mug. You can order one or two at a local print shop near you. Put your lovely couple picture and add your names, so whenever your partner sips coffee, you’ll be remembered. If you’re feeling super creative, just make a doodle yourself using a plain white mug and a permanent marker. Once you finished writing on it, put it in an oven for a couple of minutes to cure the ink.
10. Personalized Passport Skins. Here’s a cute passport cover my girl gave me on our trip to Singapore. It’s nifty and look, it’s so nice!
Gifts for Him
I would not elaborate more on this as boys does not really expect gifts on valentines. But for the ladies out there who also want to surprise their hubbies, hon, daddy, whatever terms of endearment you have, here’s a short list of gifts for him:
1. Gadgets. If girls love shoes and make-ups, we like gadgets. Cellphones, car accessories, headphones, gaming keyboard and mouse, wireless speakers, action cameras — those are just some of trending gadgets now that your boyfriend will like.
2. Watches, caps, shades and other accessories. I put them in one item ’cause it’s a matter of preference. Some loves blings, others just want a simple get up.
3. Perfume. Who does not want to smell good? Perfumes are a common gift for bosses and managers, but I think your bf will like it too if you’ll give him a scent which he knows you also like.
4. Homemade cake. My girl makes me this and I love it every time she does. You can put an “I love You” on top just like this one on the picture. The taste does not matter as it will go beyond your stomach because of the magic ingredient she put on it — love.
5. Breakfast in Bed. Surprise your guy with a breakfast in bed. A pan cake and hot choco will do. Just make sure you put some notes or toppers with dedications on it.
TIP: Spy and research for items your loved one wants to have. You can borrow his/her Instagram account, see what Facebook pages he/she likes, asking close friends, and many other ways to increase the chance on landing on a great gift.
In the end, a gift can be a tangible thing and not. Whatever present you’ll give to your special someone, if he/she truly loves you, it does not really matter. What important is, give it from the heart, within your budget and give it on time.
“A rose on time is more valuable than a $1,000 gift that’s too late.” -Jim Rohn
For the recipients, show your gratitude and appreciate the effort. Not all people are as willing to make your day so special.